Wednesday 18 April 2018

Travelling again

Events of Wednesday 18th April 2018

I'm writing this in the spacious Qatar Airways Business Lounge in Doha. I'm on my way to Burma (now called Myanmar) at the start of my 13th visit to Burma since my first tentative exploration in 2008.


Business Lounge, Hamad International Airport, Doha

This will be a mixture of visiting friends, sightseeing and finding out more about the charitable initiatives run by Doctor Hla Tun.

I left Manchester this morning at 08:20 on Qatar Airways Flight QR22, enjoying the excellent service provided on the comfortable Boeing 787-8. It's six p.m. as I write this and I should continue to Yangon at 19:55 on an Airbus A319, arriving six a.m. on Thursday morning.

Related posts on this website

This is one of a series of posts describing my 13th visit to Myanmar. This post is the first post in the series.

Clicking on the 'Next report' link displays the post describing the next events. In this way, you may read about the trip in sequence.
Next report.

Alternately, clicking on the 'All my Burma-2018 reports' link displays all the posts on this trip in reverse date-of-posting order.
All my Burma-2018 reports.

My pictures

Doha Airport, Qatar.
(Pictures taken on this and previous transits/visits to Qatar).

[Pictures linked 24-May-2018]