Thursday 30 November 2006

In the beginning ...

Just what I need now, another complication, learning how to post a Blog (inelegant term!). But, Luddite that I am, I celebrate the power which the Internet brings right into my home and e-mail has become part of my daily business and personal life. So I suppose posting an occasional Blog is just "more of the same", although at present it seems a conceit that anyone other than myself would wish to read these musings.

However, when I started to travel, just a little, a few years ago (before age and infirmity precludes such adventures) I began to e-mail a small group of friends with my observations and the feedback was very positive. This has encouraged me to start this present venture but I'm unsure whether I'll have the energy to sustain it. I've another holiday planned for February 2007 so this seemed a good time to start experimenting to see if this medium would be a suitable means of disseminating the material. One thing appeals to me - nobody is forced to read a Blog so, if it doesn't catch the imagination of its audience, it will just fester in cyberspace unread. This seems a suitable antidote to the possible hubris associated with any publication. Wish me luck, gentle reader, as we set off who knows where.